A simple pressure clean of your roof can not only improve the overall appearance of your roof but also has many other benefits which can even save you money in the long run! In this article James Kelly, owner of Brisbane Roofing Solutions, explains the process we follow when pressure cleaning a roof as well as the many benefits this provides.
THE ROOF PRESSURE CLEANING PROCESS
If carrying out pressure cleaning only on your roof these are the steps that our team will follow
- Replace any broken or cracked roof tiles to avoid water ingress while cleaning
- The ridge capping is inspected. If in poor condition it is strongly advised to get a quote on repointing the ridge capping in flexipoint ridge security. After the pressure cleaning the ridge capping can be left more vulnerable to the weather and wind etc. So, it is important to carry out adequate maintenance to the ridge capping if required.
- First, our team will apply a coat of fungicidal wash in order to kill off any existing mould, algae or lichen on the roof.
- Next, our team of qualified roofers will then clean the roof down using high-pressure water cleaner’s at 5000psi using specifically designed turbofan and rotary cleaning jets ensuring a better clean.
- Surrounding gutters, external walls, and paths are washed down to remove any roof grime.
- Finally, our team will carry out a final inspection and site clean up
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A PRESSURE CLEAN?
Whilst not all mould (fungi) and algae pose a health danger, some are harmful, especially for older people, younger children and people who suffer from asthma and respiratory problems. A pressure clean of your roof surface can remove these from the surface of your roof.
Heat reflective coatings can be great for keeping your home cool and keeping energy costs down! However, if your roof becomes covered in dirt or mould this can actually decrease the effectiveness of the heat reflective coatings.
That is why it is recommended to carry out regular cleaning of your roof if you have these coatings. This is because maintaining solar reflectance is directly related to the surface remaining clean. Therefore, in order to get the most benefit out of your heat reflective coating, it is essential to keep the surface as clean as possible.
Keeping the roof clean also ensures that the existing roof coatings aren’t damaged/eroded or faded due to the build-up of animal dropping or mould.
Whether you’re selling your home or just wanting to freshen up your property, a pressure clean of your roof can make a bigger difference than you may think! Whilst there is nothing better than a fresh coat of paint to bring your roof back to life, a pressure clean could still make a world of difference! Terracotta roofs, in particular, derive a great amount of benefit from pressure cleaning as mould, algae and lichen are most likely to build up on this surface type.
If you’ve been thinking about pressure cleaning your roof contact the experts at Brisbane Roofing Solutions for a free, no obligation quote!