Brisbane Roof Replacements
Brisbane was colonised in 1825 by European settlers. Why is this little piece of history relevant to a roof replacement? Because there are still homes in Brisbane that date back to the early 1900s and customers who call us in the hope of restoring roofs on these beautiful older properties.
Unfortunately, as is the case for most aging homes, the roof is not in a condition where a roof restoration is possible. Restoring these roofs would be a safety hazard and result in the building not passing a building inspection (and not qualifying for insurance). In these cases, the only option for an old roof is a complete roof replacement.
But it’s not only old properties that may require a roof replacement. There are multiple reasons a roof may need to be replaced.
When a Roof Replacement is Required
Reasons why a roof may need to be replaced, include:
- Age: Most roofs have a lifespan of 20-25 years, after which they may need to be replaced due to wear and tear.
- Weather damage: Extreme weather conditions, such as heavy rain, hail, wind, or snow, can cause damage to a roof that may require replacement.
- Lack of maintenance: Neglecting regular maintenance, such as clearing debris and repairing leaks, can lead to a roof’s deterioration and the need for replacement.
- Structural damage: Issues with the underlying structure of the roof, such as rot or decay, can cause the roof to become unstable and require replacement.
- Leaks: Persistent leaks can lead to water damage, mold growth, and structural issues that may require replacement.
- Upgrading: Homeowners may choose to replace their roof as a means of upgrading their home, increasing its energy efficiency, or improving its value and visual appeal.
The bottom line is, if your roof is showing signs of wear and tear, leaks, or structural damage, the first step is to call for a free roof inspection and then discuss your roof replacement options.
RECENT ROOF REPLACEMENT
This recent roof replacement was carried out at Calamvale, Brisbane.
The original roof had no sarking under the tiles and multiple leaks throughout the house.
The old tiles have been disposed of and a New Monier Elabana tiled roof installed. Along with new heavy-duty sarking fitted under the Roof Tiles. (Colour is Saffron!). This customer now has peace of mind and no more leaks.
Roof Replacement Cost
The cost of a roof replacement varies depending on several factors, including:
- Roof size: The bigger the roof, the more the roof replacement will cost
- Roof type: The cost of a roof replacement can vary based on the type of roof ie. tile roof, metal roof etc.
- Roof pitch: The pitch, or steepness, of the roof, can affect the cost of a replacement, as steeper roofs involve more labour.
- Complexity: The complexity of the roof’s design, such as the presence of skylights, chimneys, or valleys, can increase the cost of a roof replacement.
Contact our expert team today to arrange your free roof inspection & quote.
Our team of roofing experts are always here to assist you with your enquiry. Feel free to give us a call during business hours or to send your details and we will be in touch shortly!