ROOF PAINTING SERVICES
Choose Your Own Roof Colours Or Freshen Up Your Existing Roof Colour!
These days there are so many roof colours to choose from that roof painting has become one of our most popular roofing services. A fresh coat of paint does wonders for a roof.
Getting a nice new fresh colour (or a repaint of the same colour) will brighten up a home and even add value. However, roof painting is so much more than just buying a tin of roof paint, a few paint rollers and sprucing up your existing roof!
Choosing A Roof Paint Colour
Before we tell you about our roof painting process, let’s talk about the most exciting part – choosing your new roof colour!
Some homeowners will opt to keep the same roof colour, but it’s rare. Trends change, and with that, designs and colours.
There are so many roof colours to choose from these days and so many different paint products. Professional roofers dpn’t visit hardware stores for roof paint, we have paint companies that manufacture roof paint and supply us with high quality roof paint to withstand the climate and last long-term.
Below is a sample roof paint colour chart. We will provide you with a number of these and explain which paints are more suitable for your roof surface.
Our Roof Painting Process
Your roof works hard. It battles the elements 365 days a year and after years of protecting your home your roof begins to show signs of wear and tear, this is expected and a normal part of homeownership. Your roof needs to be maintained, and it is our job to ensure your roof is in tip-top shape!
1. Before we paint your roof, our qualified roofers need to inspect your roof for any damage.
2. Should there be no existing damage (good news), we need to give the roof a professional pressure clean to remove any debris and dirt. We often get customers who think the roof has been repainted after the pressure cleaning, it makes that much difference!
3. Once we get a nice clean surface, we will repaint and coat your roof with your chosen colours. You will be delighted with the result, and you have a warranty for the next 10 years!
Roof Surfaces We Paint
One question we regularly get asked is whether Colorbond Roofing can be painted. It sure can!
At Brisbane Roofing Solutions we paint every roof surface including:
✔️ Roof Tile Painting
✔️ Metal Roof Painting
✔️ Colorbond Roof Painting
How To Pick Your Roof Tile Paint Colour
One of the great things about having a tiled roof is the ease with which you can change roof colours. Trends come and go, so having the option to update your roof (especially if planning to sell your home), to a new, modern colour, is appealing to homeowners.
As roofing experts, we advise our customers on roof tile colours, but ultimately it’s a choice they make based on their personal taste or current design trends.
Choosing the right colour for your roof tiles is an important decision that will significantly affect the overall look and feel (and value) of your home.
Here are some tips to help you choose the right roof tile colour:
1. Consider your home’s architecture: The colour of your roof tiles should complement the style of your home. For example, a classic red tile roof would look great on a Spanish or Mediterranean-style home, while a light-colored tile would complement a modern or minimalist home.
2. Look at your surroundings: Consider the colours of other homes in your street and suburb, as well as the natural surroundings. You don’t want your roof to clash with the other homes in the area, and you may want to choose a colour that blends well with the natural environment.
3. Think about energy efficiency: Lighter-colored tiles reflect more sunlight and heat, which can help to reduce your home’s energy costs. If you live in a hot climate, you may want to consider a lighter-colored tile.
4. Look at samples: It’s a good idea to get samples of different colours and hold them up against your home’s exterior to see how they look in different lighting conditions. This will give you a better idea of how the colour will look on your roof.
5. Consider the long-term: Keep in mind that your roof will be a long-term investment, and you want to choose a colour that you will be happy with for many years to come. Choose a classic tile colour that will stand the test of time.
The Cost of Painting Roof Tiles
The cost of painting roof tiles varies greatly. There are many factors to consider including roof size, quality of the tiles, whether any roof damage needs repairing first, the list goes on.
We recommend booking your free roof inspection & quote so we can provide you with an accurate cost.
Why DIY Roof Painting is Not Recommended
There are many reasons we recommend having a roofing professional carry out this task, we’ve listed the most important reasons below.
1. Safety: Painting a roof is a dangerous job. It requires working at heights, and it’s important to take the necessary safety precautions. As professional roofers, we have the necessary training, experience, and equipment to ensure that the job is done safely.
2. Knowledge and Experience: Qualified roofers have the necessary knowledge and experience to assess the condition of the roof and the type of paint that is best suited for the tiles. We also have the expertise to ensure that the paint is applied evenly and properly to provide long-lasting protection.
3. Quality: Professional roofers have access to high-quality paints that are designed specifically for roof tiles. They know how to prepare the surface properly to ensure that the paint adheres well and provides long-lasting protection against the elements.
4. Warranty: If you hire a professional roofer to paint your tiles, they will typically provide a warranty on their work. This means that if there are any issues with the paint job, they will come back and fix the problem at no additional cost.
5. Insurance: If any damage occurs to your roof after you have painted it yourself, be prepared for your insurance company not to cover the damage. DIY work on your roof (and your home) can void your insurance.
Our team of roofing experts are always here to assist you with your enquiry. Feel free to give us a call during business hours or to send your details anytime and we will be in touch shortly!
BOOK YOUR FREE ROOF PAINTING INSPECTION & QUOTE
We offer a free roof inspection and quote to ensure you receive the best service and an accurate quote. Simply send us your details using the form on this page, or call us today on (07) 3276 1546