Painting roof tiles can be a great way to give your home a fresh and updated look. However, it’s important to take the necessary precautions to ensure that the job is done safely and effectively.
How To Pick Your Roof Tile Paint Colour
One of the great things about having a tile roof is the ease in which you can change roof colours. Trends come and go, so having the option to update your roof (especially if planning to sell your home), to a new, modern colour, is appealing to homeowners.
As roofing experts we advise our customers on roof tile colours, but ultimately it’s a choice they make based on their personal taste or current design trends.
Choosing the right colour for your roof tiles is an important decision that will significantly affect the overall look and feel (and value) of your home.
Here are some tips to help you choose the right roof tile colour:
1. Consider your home’s architecture: The colour of your roof tiles should complement the style of your home. For example, a classic red tile roof would look great on a Spanish or Mediterranean-style home, while a light-colored tile would complement a modern or minimalist home.
2. Look at your surroundings: Consider the colours of other homes in your street and suburb, as well as the natural surroundings. You don’t want your roof to clash with the other homes in the area, and you may want to choose a colour that blends well with the natural environment.
3. Think about energy efficiency: Lighter-colored tiles reflect more sunlight and heat, which can help to reduce your home’s energy costs. If you live in a hot climate, you may want to consider a lighter-colored tile.
4. Look at samples: It’s a good idea to get samples of different colours and hold them up against your home’s exterior to see how they look in different lighting conditions. This will give you a better idea of how the colour will look on your roof.
5. Consider the long-term: Keep in mind that your roof will be a long-term investment, and you want to choose a colour that you will be happy with for many years to come. Choose a classic tile colour that will stand the test of time.
The Cost of Painting Roof Tiles
The cost of painting roof tiles varies greatly. There are many factors to consider including roof size, quality of the tiles, whether any roof damage needs repairing first, the list goes on.
We recommend finding roofing company that provides a free roof inspection & quote to provide you with an accurate cost.
Why DIY Roof Painting is Not Recommended
There are many reasons we recommend having a roofing professional carry out this task, we’ve listed the most important reasons below.
1. Safety: Painting a roof is a dangerous job. It requires working at heights, and it’s important to take the necessary safety precautions. As professional roofers we have the necessary training, experience, and equipment to ensure that the job is done safely.
2. Knowledge and Experience: Qualified roofers have the necessary knowledge and experience to assess the condition of the roof and the type of paint that is best suited for the tiles. We also have the expertise to ensure that the paint is applied evenly and properly to provide long-lasting protection.
3. Quality: Professional roofers have access to high-quality paints that are designed specifically for roof tiles. They know how to prepare the surface properly to ensure that the paint adheres well and provides long-lasting protection against the elements.
4. Warranty: If you hire a professional roofer to paint your tiles, they will typically provide a warranty on their work. This means that if there are any issues with the paint job, they will come back and fix the problem at no additional cost.
5. Insurance: If any damage occurs to your roof after you have painted it yourself, be prepared for your insurance company not to cover the damage. DIY work on your roof (and your home) can void your insurance.